Zong now has a new internet device for home users. The device can work for six hours straight without shutting down. This is a big news for everyone who was eyeing the Zong 4G bolt device. It is made by Huawei and works as a standalone internet provider.
Use of Zong 4G Bolt:
The device comes with 150MBs speed. It can power up at most 10 devices at once and serves as a hotspot for laptop and mobile devices.
Users who are on the go, and would like to power up a dozen devices at once can use the Zong 4G bolt device. It is portable and helps you increase your broadband speed.
You should note that Zong is one of the fastest 4G LTE network in the country and powers 32 million internet users.
With the Zong 4G Bolt device in their arsenal, they can increase their userbase by two folds.
Features of Zong Bolt+ 4G Device:
- One of the fastest portable internet device available in Pakistan with speeds crossing 150 Mbps
- Just plug and start the Zong 4G Bolt device. No need to install clumsy software as it runs on autopilot.
- Can manage upto 10 Wi-Fi devices simultaneously including smartphones, tablets, laptops and LEDs and many more IoT devices.
- LTE/3G/2G fallback option available
- Supports Wi-Fi 2.4GHz and 5 MHz bands
- Comes with a 3.8 V 1500 mAh lithium Battery (rechargeable) – charges within one hour.
- Battery runs for six Hours working time, 300 Hours stand by (depending on the network)
Price of Zong 4G Bolt Device:
Keeping your data needs in mind, Zong 4G Bolt+ is available with 1 Month & 3 Month bundles.
|Zong 4G Bolt+||Rs. 2,800|
List of Packages of Zong 4G Bolt+
Monthly Packages of Zong 4G Bolt+
Here are the details for Zong Device Packages for one month. I think they are moderate in comparison with PTCL EVO and Jazz Wingle
|24GB||Rs. 1,500||1 Month|
|*50GB||Rs. 2,500||1 Month|
|100GB||Rs. 5,000||1 Month|
|150GB||Rs. 8,000||1 Month|
|200GB||Rs. 10,000||1 Month|
Speed of the device can go upto 150mbs so that isn’t provided. The limit is put over the bandwidth. For a regular package of 1500 PKR it is 24GB only.
Three Month Packages for Zong Bolt+
|24GB/Month||Rs. 4,000||3 Months|
They have provided a discount of 500 rupees for customers who get the three month package. The device package is 24GB per month. I will update if this offer is available for other packages
Six Month Packages for Zong Bolt+
|50GB/Month||Rs. 10,000||6 Months|
Similarly, they have provided a discount of 2000 rupees for customers who get the six month package on the 50GB per month package.
12 Month Packages for Zong Bolt
|50GB/Month||Rs. 18,000||12 Months|
Add-ons available for Zong 4G Bolt+
|2GB/Month||Rs. 250||As per Bundle|
|5GB/Month||Rs. 450||As per Bundle|
Additional 3GB is for 250 rupees on every bundle. You can also avail 5GB for 450 rupees if 2GB is small for you.
Zong 4G Bolt+ (Huawei) specifications
- Maximum Number of Users
10 Wi-Fi devices simultaneously i.e. smartphones, tablets, laptops and LEDs.
- Maximum Speed
Speed of up to 150 Mbps.
- Connection Type
LTE/3G/2G fallback option available.
- Power Source
USB cable connection with Laptop or charger
- SD Card Slot
Comes with a Micro SD card and SIM.
- Wifi Bands
2.5GHz and 5 MHz bands.
Limitations of Zong 4G Bolt
- Uptime is too low at six hours only. Users who stay without power source for longer will require more than one device
- Charges of 2GB or 5GB add-ons are too high
- Zong 4G Bolt internet package charges aren’t competitive. Others like PTCL, Telenor, and Jazz are offering the same charges.
- The 24GB limit should be extended to 50GB for 1500 rupees instead of 2500 rupees.
Should You Buy Zong 4G Bolt+ Device?
Just like all other internet devices, it is available for the same price so there isn’t any competitive benefit that you will get by buying the device. If they had offered more discounts or lucrative packages, then buying the device would have been a good idea.