How to Fix Error Code NP-34957-8 On PS4?
If you’re a PlayStation 4 owner, you may have encountered the NP-34957-8 error at some point. This error can prevent you from accessing online features and playing multiplayer games, which can be frustrating for gamers. Fortunately, there are several solutions to fix the NP-34957-8 error on your PS4. In this blog post, we will discuss the causes of this error and provide step-by-step instructions on how to fix it. So, let’s dive in and get your PS4 back to its optimal performance!
What Does NP-34957-8 Error Mean in PS4?
The NP-34957-8 error on PS4 is an indication that there is a problem connecting to the PlayStation Network (PSN). This error can occur when there is an issue with your internet connection, the PSN is down, or there is an issue with your PS4 system settings.
The NP-34957-8 error can prevent you from accessing online features such as multiplayer games, PSN store, and other online services on your PS4. The error message usually reads, “Cannot connect to the server within the time limit. (NP-34957-8)”.
If you encounter the NP-34957-8 error, it is essential to troubleshoot and fix the issue as soon as possible to regain access to PSN features on your PS4.
Why NP-34957-8 Error Occurs in PS4?
The NP-34957-8 error on PS4 can occur due to various reasons. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Internet connection issues: The most common cause of the NP-34957-8 error is a problem with your internet connection. This can happen if your network is experiencing high traffic or if there is an issue with your router or modem.
- PSN server downtime: Another possible cause of the NP-34957-8 error is when the PlayStation Network (PSN) is undergoing maintenance or is temporarily down.
- Firewall or security settings: Sometimes, the firewall or other security settings on your PS4 or router can block the connection to the PSN servers, resulting in the NP-34957-8 error.
- Incorrect DNS settings: If your PS4’s DNS settings are incorrect or outdated, it can cause connection issues and result in the NP-34957-8 error.
- Software or firmware issues: Occasionally, the NP-34957-8 error can occur due to software or firmware issues on your PS4. This can happen if there is a glitch or bug in the system software or if the firmware is outdated.
It is important to identify the root cause of the NP-34957-8 error to effectively fix the issue and prevent it from happening again in the future.
How to Solve NP-34957-8 Error on PS4?
If you are encountering the NP-34957-8 error on your PS4, there are several steps you can take to solve the issue. Here are some of the most effective solutions:
- Check your internet connection: Start by checking your internet connection and making sure it is working correctly. You can try resetting your router or modem, or connecting to a different network to see if the issue persists.
- Check the PSN server status: Verify if there are any PSN server issues or maintenance taking place that could be causing the NP-34957-8 error. You can check the PSN status page to see if there are any known issues.
- Disable firewall or security settings: If your PS4’s firewall or other security settings are blocking the connection to the PSN servers, try disabling them temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.
- Update your PS4 system software: Make sure your PS4’s system software is up to date by checking for and installing any available updates. This can resolve any bugs or glitches that could be causing the NP-34957-8 error.
- Manually set DNS settings: Try manually setting your PS4’s DNS settings to Google’s public DNS (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168). This can help resolve any issues caused by incorrect or outdated DNS settings.
- Restart your PS4: Sometimes, simply restarting your PS4 can resolve the NP-34957-8 error. Try turning off your console, unplugging it from the power source, and plugging it back in after a few minutes.
By following these steps, you can effectively solve the NP-34957-8 error on your PS4 and regain access to online features and PSN services.
Best Solution to Fix NP-34957-8 Error on PS4
The best solution to fix the NP-34957-8 error on your PS4 is to manually set your PS4’s DNS settings. Here are the steps to do so:
- On your PS4 home screen, go to Settings.
- Select Network, and then choose Set Up Internet Connection.
- Choose the type of connection you are using (Wi-Fi or LAN Cable).
- Select Custom setup and proceed to the next screen.
- On the IP Address Settings screen, choose Automatic.
- On the DHCP Host Name screen, choose Do Not Specify.
- On the DNS Settings screen, choose Manual.
- Enter the following DNS addresses:
- Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124
- Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199
- Leave the MTU Settings as Automatic, and then select Do Not Use for the Proxy Server.
- Test the internet connection to see if the NP-34957-8 error has been resolved.
By manually setting your DNS settings, you can ensure that your PS4 is using reliable DNS servers and avoid any connection issues that may be causing the NP-34957-8 error
How to Prevent Error NP-34957-8 from Happening on PS4
To prevent the NP-34957-8 error from happening on your PS4 in the future, here are some steps you can take:
- Use a reliable internet connection: Ensure that your PS4 is connected to a stable and reliable internet connection to avoid any connection issues that may cause the NP-34957-8 error.
- Keep your PS4 software up to date: Keep your PS4’s system software up to date by regularly checking for and installing any available updates. This can help prevent any bugs or glitches that could cause the NP-34957-8 error.
- Check for PSN server maintenance: Check the PSN status page regularly to see if there are any known server issues or maintenance that could affect your PS4’s connection.
- Use trusted DNS servers: Use trusted DNS servers such as Google’s public DNS (188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206) to avoid any connection issues that may be caused by incorrect or outdated DNS settings.
- Check your PS4’s firewall and security settings: Ensure that your PS4’s firewall and other security settings are not blocking the connection to the PSN servers. If they are, temporarily disable them to allow for a successful connection.
By taking these preventive measures, you can minimize the risk of encountering the NP-34957-8 error on your PS4 and enjoy uninterrupted access to online features and PSN services.