SU-30746-0 The system software update has failed. Learn how to solve this problem in detail in this article.
What Does SU-30746-0 Error Mean on PS4?
SU-30746-0 is an error code that can appear on your PS4 console during a system software update. It means that there was an issue while downloading or installing the update. This error code can occur for several reasons, including a poor internet connection, a corrupted update file, or a problem with the console’s hard drive. The error can prevent the PS4 from updating to the latest version of the system software, which can cause other issues and prevent you from accessing certain features and games. To fix the SU-30746-0 error code, you may need to troubleshoot your internet connection, try updating the console in safe mode, or reinstall the system software.
Why SU-30746-0 Error Occurs on PS4?
SU-30746-0 is an error code that can occur on PS4 consoles during a system software update. Here are some reasons why this error may occur:
- Poor Internet Connection: If your internet connection is weak or unstable, the PS4 may not be able to download or install the system software update correctly, resulting in the error code SU-30746-0.
- Corrupted Update File: If the update file for the system software is corrupted, the PS4 will not be able to install it correctly, and the error code may appear.
- Insufficient Storage Space: If your PS4 does not have enough free storage space to install the system software update, you may see the SU-30746-0 error code.
- Hard Drive Issues: If there are issues with the hard drive on your PS4, such as bad sectors or other damage, this can cause errors during the system software update process and result in the SU-30746-0 error code.
- System Software Bugs: In rare cases, bugs or glitches in the PS4 system software itself can cause the SU-30746-0 error code to appear during the update process.
How to Solve SU-30746-0 Error on PS4?
If you’re encountering the SU-30746-0 error code on your PS4, here are some steps you can take to try to resolve it:
- Check your internet connection: Make sure that your internet connection is stable and fast enough to download and install the system software update. You can try restarting your modem or router, or connecting your PS4 directly to your modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Free up storage space: If your PS4 does not have enough free storage space, you may need to delete some games, apps, or other data to make room for the system software update. Check how much space is available on your PS4 by going to Settings > Storage.
- Download the update file again: If the update file for the system software is corrupted, you may need to delete it and download it again. To do this, go to Settings > System Software Update, and select “Delete Update.”
- Update your PS4 in Safe Mode: If you’re still having issues, try updating your PS4 in Safe Mode. To do this, turn off your PS4 completely, and then press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps. Connect your PS4 controller to the console using a USB cable, and then select the “Update System Software” option.
- Reinstall the system software: If none of the above steps work, you may need to reinstall the system software on your PS4. You can do this by downloading the latest update file from the PlayStation website onto a USB drive, and then following the instructions to reinstall the system software.
Best Solution to Fix SU-30746-0 Error on PS4
The best solution to fix the SU-30746-0 error on your PS4 is to update your PS4 in Safe Mode. Here are the steps to follow:
- Turn off your PS4 completely.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps.
- Connect your PS4 controller to the console using a USB cable.
- Select the “Update System Software” option from the Safe Mode menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update your PS4.
Updating your PS4 in Safe Mode is the most effective solution for fixing the SU-30746-0 error as it bypasses any issues that may be preventing the update from completing successfully. This method can also help to fix other system software issues on your PS4. However, if the issue persists, you may need to contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.
How to Prevent Error SU-30746-0 from Happening on PS4?
To prevent the SU-30746-0 error from occurring on your PS4 in the future, here are some tips you can follow:
- Ensure a stable internet connection: Make sure that your internet connection is stable and fast enough to download and install system software updates. Use a wired connection if possible, or ensure that your wireless connection has a strong signal.
- Keep your PS4 up to date: Keep your PS4 up to date with the latest system software updates. Check for updates regularly by going to Settings > System Software Update.
- Free up storage space: Ensure that you have enough free storage space on your PS4 for system software updates. Delete any unwanted games, applications, or other data that you no longer need.
- Avoid interrupting the update process: Do not turn off your PS4 or disconnect it from the internet while a system software update is in progress. Wait for the update to complete before using your PS4 again.
- Use official update files: Only use official system software update files downloaded from the PlayStation website or directly from your PS4. Do not use unofficial or modified files as they may cause errors during the update process.
By following these tips, you can help prevent the SU-30746-0 error from occurring on your PS4 in the future and ensure that your console stays up to date and functioning properly.