Learn how to obtain power of attorney to sell a car in Dubai in this comprehensive guide. Discover the legal requirements, costs involved, and who can give power of attorney to sell a car. Ensure that your car sale transaction is conducted legally and efficiently with the necessary knowledge.
If you are planning to sell your car in Dubai but cannot be present in person to complete the transaction, you can grant power of attorney to someone else to act on your behalf.
This legal document allows the authorized person to handle the sale of your car without your physical presence.
Mohammed bin Sulayem’s Net Worth, Real Estate & More
Steps to Obtain Power of Attorney to Sell a Car in Dubai:
- Obtain a Power of Attorney Form: You can obtain a power of attorney form from any typing center or online. This form must be in Arabic and should contain all the necessary details, including the name of the person authorized to sell the car, the make and model of the car, the vehicle identification number (VIN), and the terms of the authorization.
- Visit a Notary Public: Once you have the power of attorney form, you must visit a notary public in Dubai to have the document authenticated. The notary public will verify the document and ensure that all the necessary details are correct. You must bring your passport and Emirates ID with you to the notary public.
- Submit the Form to the Dubai Traffic Police: After the notary public has authenticated the power of attorney form, you must take it to the Dubai Traffic Police. They will verify the document and issue a letter of authorization. You must bring your original passport and Emirates ID along with a copy of the car registration card.
- Complete the Sale of the Car: Once you have obtained the letter of authorization from the Dubai Traffic Police, you can give it to the authorized person along with the car registration card. The authorized person can then complete the sale of the car on your behalf.
Obtaining a power of attorney to sell a car in Dubai is a straightforward process that involves obtaining a form, visiting a notary public, and submitting the form to the Dubai Traffic Police. With this legal document, you can sell your car without having to be present in person, making the process more convenient for you.
Why is Power of Attorney Needed to Sell a Car in Dubai?
Power of Attorney is needed to sell a car in Dubai because it is a legal requirement mandated by the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA). In Dubai, a car can only be sold by its owner, who must be present during the transaction. However, if the owner is unable to attend the transaction, they can grant power of attorney to another person to act on their behalf.
The power of attorney document gives legal authorization to another person to complete the sale transaction on behalf of the owner. The authorized person can sign the necessary documents, transfer ownership of the car, and receive payment for the sale of the car. Without a power of attorney, the owner cannot sell the car remotely, and the transaction will not be considered legal.
The RTA requires that the power of attorney document be duly authenticated by a notary public and submitted to the Dubai Traffic Police for verification before the authorized person can complete the transaction. This ensures that the transaction is conducted legally and protects both the buyer and the seller from fraud or other illegal activities.
In summary, a power of attorney is needed to sell a car in Dubai because it is a legal requirement that ensures that the transaction is conducted legally and protects the parties involved in the sale.
What is the Cost to Create Power of Attorney Document?
The cost to create a power of attorney document in Dubai varies depending on several factors such as the type of power of attorney needed, the complexity of the document, and the service provider.
In general, the cost of creating a power of attorney document in Dubai ranges from AED 150 to AED 500. The cost may be higher if you require additional legal advice or if the document is more complex.
Here is a breakdown of the costs involved in creating a power of attorney document in Dubai:
- Typing Center Fee: The typing center fee for a power of attorney document is usually between AED 50 to AED 100.
- Notary Public Fee: The notary public fee is typically around AED 100 to AED 150. This fee may vary depending on the notary public’s location and reputation.
- Translation Fee: If the power of attorney document needs to be translated into Arabic, an additional fee may be required. This fee varies depending on the translation service provider.
It is important to note that the fees for creating a power of attorney document may differ depending on the service provider you choose. It is always a good idea to do your research and compare prices before choosing a service provider.
AIG Motor Insurance Dubai: Comprehensive Coverage for Your Vehicle
Who can give Power of Attorney to Sell a Car in Dubai?
In Dubai, the owner of the car can give power of attorney to another person to sell the car on their behalf. However, the owner must be a resident of Dubai and have a valid Emirates ID.
If the owner is not present in Dubai, they can still grant power of attorney to someone else to act on their behalf. However, the owner must be physically present at the notary public office to sign the power of attorney document in front of the notary public.
It is important to note that the person who is granted power of attorney must also be a resident of Dubai and have a valid Emirates ID. The authorized person must also have a valid driving license and must not have any criminal record.
The power of attorney document should clearly state the scope of the authorization given to the authorized person, including the make and model of the car, the vehicle identification number (VIN), and the terms of the authorization. The document must be duly authenticated by a notary public and submitted to the Dubai Traffic Police for verification.