A transit visa for Turkey allows you to travel through Turkey on your way to another country. All tourists under the Turkey visa regime who wish to:
- Pass through immigration must obtain a permit.
- To stay in Turkey overnight.
Is Turkish Transit Visa Required For Layover in Turkey?
You may require a visa if you intend to use Turkey as a transit country and must pass through immigration or remain in Turkey overnight.
You may require one of the following documents to transit through Turkey, depending on your nationality:
- E-Visa for Turkey
- Turkish Sticker Visa
Even though you need one of the visas listed above to transit Turkey because of your nationality, you may not need one if you fall into one of the visa-exempt categories.
How to Apply for Turkey Transit Visa?
You will need to complete numerous procedures while applying for a Turkey Transit Visa. The following are the procedures:
- Determine whether you require a Turkish Transit Visa.
- Check to see when the best time is to apply.
- Find out where you can submit your application.
- Fill out the Turkish Pre-Application System’s online form.
- Gather the documents you’ll need to apply for a transit visa in Turkey.
- Attend the interview for a Turkish Transit Visa.
Make sure you perform each procedure in the correct order and according to the provided criteria. The entire application process for a transit visa to Turkey is detailed here.
What Turkish Transit Visa Do You Need?
- E-Visa. This visa is simple, fast, and inexpensive to obtain. In this article, we’ll go through it in more detail.
- Visa on a stick You must gather documentation, attend a visa interview, and pay a visa fee in order to obtain a transit sticker visa. For transit, the sticker visa can be:
- Single Transit
- Double Transit
When to Apply for Turkish Transit Visa?
You must apply for a Turkey Transit visa at least two months before to your scheduled journey to Turkey. However, you must apply at least one month prior to your travel. To avoid any possible delays in the processing of your visa, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Where to Apply for Turkish Transit Visa?
Apply for a Turkish visa at the Turkish Embassy in your country. Turkey has outsourced visa submission to third-party visa processing centres in a number of countries throughout the world.
The exact location of application should be confirmed with the Turkish mission in your country of residency. You can also search Google maps for Turkish embassy or consulate.
Document Requirements for Turkey Transit Visa
On the day of your interview, you must present a few documents to apply for a Turkish visa. Ensure that these documents meet the Turkish embassy’s criteria and specifications.
The following documents are necessary for a Turkish transit visa application:
- A filled-out Turkish transit visa application form, travel insurance, evidence of employment status, and other documents are required.
- A passport or similar form of identification is required for travel. On the date you arrive in Turkey, it should be good for another six months.
- Two images that are identical and meet the standards for a Turkish visa photo.
- Income or savings evidence is required. You must show proof that you have sufficient funds in Turkey and in your destination country. For each day you intend to spend in Turkey, you should budget about €50.
- Purchased travel medical insurance must be presented as proof.
- Ticket for the following flight. Present a copy of your plane ticket for the country to which you are travelling.
- You’ll need a visa for your final location. If necessary, show a visa or other paperwork that allows you to enter your destination country.
- Accommodation proof in Turkey. This might be a hotel reservation or a letter of invitation from your Turkish host.
- Certificate of Police Clearance This document should demonstrate that you have not been involved in any criminal activity in the previous several years.
How Long Does it Take to Get Transit Visa for Turkey?
Your visa application will be processed by the Turkish embassy in your place of residency in roughly 15 working days. This period could be as little as three working days in some nations.
You can check on the status of your application on the same website where you submitted it.
Apply for Turkish Transit eVisa
- If you are eligible for a Turkish eVisa, you will not need to go through the entire sticker visa application process. Instead, you can apply for an eVisa to visit Turkey for transit purposes in just a few minutes.
- To apply for an e-Visa, visit the Turkish eVisa Website and fill out the online application form. You’ll get an email shortly asking you to confirm that you’ve begun an eVisa application. This email could end up in your spam bin or in your inbox.
- The application will be confirmed through email, and you will be sent to the same website to pay the eVisa charge.
- Then you’ll get another email with a link to the same website, where you’ll have to download your eVisa.
- Print the paperwork and bring it with you to the Turkish border.
Transit from Turkish Airports: Do I Need a Visa?
To transit through the Istanbul Ataturk Airport on the European side of Turkey or the Sabiha Gokcen Airport on the Asian side, you may need a Turkish Transit Visa.
So, if you need to go through an Istanbul airport to reach your target country, you’ll require an Istanbul Transit Visa, but only if you also need a Turkish visa for tourist or business.