Learn how to sign out of Email (mailbox) on MacBook without beating about the bush. Clear and simple ways explained.
Have no need for, and no desire to continue using, the macOS Mail program for incoming email? If that’s the case, you may prevent the Mac’s Mail program from synchronizing your email from a specific account (like Gmail or Outlook) by logging out of that account.
You may immediately sign out of Mail or delete your email account, depending on how long you wish to be signed out for. This manual will instruct you on both processes.
How to Log Out of Mail on MacBook?
You may sign out of all your email accounts using the MacBook Mail software simultaneously. If you want to know how to sign out of Gmail or any other account on your Mac, just read on.
- Launch the Mail app.
- From the navigation bar at the top of the screen, choose Mail > Accounts.
- On the left, choose the email account from which you wish to log out.
- Uncheck the Mailbox
That particular mail account has now been deactivated, and the Mail app will no longer be able to access it.
This also deletes the mails from the email account from your MacBook. You may still see copies of the email messages on the account’s mail server. For example, logging out of Outlook on your Mac would remove all Outlook emails from the Mail app, but you may access them in Outlook if you login into its web-based server.
How to Sign Out of Emails on MacBook (Complete Video)
How to Delete an Email Account Permanently on MacBook Mail?
If you no longer plan to use your email account on your MacBook, you may delete it permanently. This will not destroy your email provider account, like Google does for Gmail accounts, but it will remove any traces of it from your Mac.
In the Mail app, you may accomplish the following:
- Open the Mail app.
- Select Accounts from the dropdown menu after clicking the Mail menu at the top.
- On the left, choose the account you wish to delete.
- To delete the account, click the Remove (-) button at the bottom of the left pane.
Mail will completely erase your chosen account and any related downloaded emails from your Mac.
If another software is utilizing the account on your MacBook, It will send you to Internet Accounts in System Preferences to deactivate the account. Click on the popup window to be routed to Internet Accounts, then pick the account to be removed and press the Remove (-) button.
How to remove email account from MacBook air?
1. Click the “Mail” icon in your Applications folder and select “Preferences.”
2. Click the “Accounts” tab and then select your email account from the list on the left.
3. Click the “-” button below the list of accounts to remove it.
4. Enter your password if prompted and then click “Remove.”
How to delete Mail storage on Mac?
1. Click on the Mail app in your Applications folder.
2. Click on the “Mail” menu at the top of the screen and select “Preferences.”
3. Click on the “Advanced” tab.
4. Under “Storage,” click on the “Delete All Mailboxes” button.
5. A confirmation dialog will appear. Click on the “Delete” button to confirm.
Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac
Open Mail on your Mac. Click on Mail > Preferences. Click on Accounts. Select the account you want to delete and click -. Click Remove.
How to Use Apple’s Hide My Email?
If you want to keep your email address hidden from view, Apple provides a way for you to do so. When you create an email account with Apple, you have the option of choosing whether or not to display your email address. If you choose not to display it, people will only be able to see it if they have your email address. To hide your email address, open the Mail app and go to Preferences. Click on the Accounts tab and then select the account you want to hide the address for. Under the “Email Address” heading, deselect the “Show Email Address” option.