Ejari in Dubai, UAE Job Resignation

How to Sponsor Your Child in UAE (Residence Visa)

Telecom How to Sponsor Your Child in UAE (Residence Visa)

If you’ve been living in the UAE for a while, you may have considered bringing your children with you. To accomplish this, you must get a resident visa for them through sponsorship. We’ve already explained how you may sponsor your spouse in the UAE. This page will teach you about the eligibility, procedures, method, and other details of sponsoring your kid in the UAE.

Disclaimer: The information in this article is provided as a courtesy. Please be aware that changes may occur without previous warning. One of our readers shared this experience with us, and we’ve included it here for your convenience. We recommend that you contact DNRD if you have any questions or concerns.

In most cases, the father (head of the household) is the one who should sponsor the kid in the nation. However, in some situations, such as when the father loses his work, a woman may be required to sponsor the kid.

A parent resident in the UAE may sponsor her children who are under the age of 18 and are not married. This excludes university or college students unless a document showing that they are under the age of 18 and are not married is provided.

Requirements/Qualifications for UAE Child Visa

A woman who wants to sponsor her kid in the nation must, in any event, satisfy the following conditions/requirements:

  • A valid work visa
  • Her employer pays her a monthly salary of at least AED 4,000 or AED 3,000, plus a housing allowance (NOTE: Nurses and teachers who want to sponsor their children are exempted from the salary qualification).
  • The UAE Embassy in the Philippines and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs testified to the child’s birth certificate.
  • No Objection Certificate (NOC) in Arabic from the husband about the mother’s petition to sponsor their kid, attested by the UAE Embassy in the Philippines and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE. If the husband is not in the UAE, the NOC must be certified by the UAE Embassy in the Philippines and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
  • If the husband is currently working in the UAE, his employment document must be submitted to the application.
  • Tenancy contract or housing rental agreement confirmed by the Real Estate Regulatory Authority’s (RERA) Ejari online system University degree certified by the UAE Embassy in the Philippines and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs (if the mother is not a doctor, engineer, nurse, or teacher)
  • Last three months’ bank statement (if the mother is not a doctor, engineer, nurse, or teacher).

Conditions for specific cases:

  • A divorced woman must file a court-ordered child custody decision. This must be attested to by the UAE Embassy in the Philippines and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
  • A child custody decision from a court, a certificate from a municipal authority, or an affidavit from the Philippine Consulate are all required for a single mother. Certificates issued in the Philippines must be certified by both the UAE Embassy and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Documents for UAE Child Visa Sponsorship

In addition to the conditions/requirements listed above, the sponsor or applicant must supply the following:

Coloured passport copy and one photo of the child’s original passport, as well as the sponsor’s Emirates ID and International Bank Account Number (IBAN).

Complete Process: UAE Visa for Your Child

  1. Fill up an Application Form at your local Typing Center.
  2. Submit all of your papers to the General Department of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) office nearest you. Upon acceptance, they will issue you a temporary residency permit for your kid, which will allow him or her to obtain a medical test and clearance.
  3. Make an appointment at the Typing Center for a medical exam. You will be given paperwork to go to the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) clinic for the test. Medical results are frequently completed within two working days.
  4. After receiving the medical findings, proceed to the Typing Center to change the visa status from “temporary residence visa” to “permanent resident visa.”
  5. Go to the Typing Center and apply for an Emirates ID for your youngster.
  6. Return to the GDRFA office to get the visa stamped in your passport.

UAE Child Visa Applications fees

The following are the fees associated with applying for child sponsorship:

  • AED 360 is the application fee.
  • AED 220 for file opening.
  • AED 420 for a medical examination.
  • Visa Status Change — AED 550
  • AED 370 for Emirates ID Application
  • AED 510 for passport and visa stamping

Note: Please keep in mind that the costs shown above may vary based on the Typing Center where you had your documents set up, as well as the current fees.

Special Situations for UAE Child VISA:

  1. The application cost is AED 310 if the applicant is a government or semi-government employee.
  2. If the applicant is an investor or partner, she must give an AED 3,040 deposit for each kid (which will be reimbursed if the visa is cancelled), a copy of her trade licence, a list of her partners, and an LLC agreement (of which the share value is not less than AED 70,000).
  3. If the kid is already in the UAE on a Tourist Visa or Visit Visa, the applicant must pay AED 1230 to change the child’s status (AED 680 for issuing the visa inside the country and AED 550 for amending the status).

Please keep in mind that this material is only a guide. Information on this page (requirements/fees/etc.) is subject to change without notice. If you have any further queries regarding sponsoring your kid in the UAE, please contact the GDRFA at the following address:

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4333, Dubai, UAE

Phone Number: 800-5111

Email: [email protected]

Website: https://ednrd.ae/

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top