The Sharjah Art Foundation a cultural institution in the United Arab Emirates.
All art lovers are invited to the Sharjah Art Foundation. The organization was founded in the UAE’s social heritage a few generations earlier and has since supported local musicians and associated practices. Do you want to learn more? Here’s all you need to know about the SAF, from displays to artistic techniques and supporting platforms.
SHARJAH ART FOUNDATION OVERVIEW
Sharjah Art Foundation is located among the art and heritage regions of the emirate. It was formally established in 2009. Since then, it has hosted various events during the year, the majority of which include:
- Musical, international and Arab artists.
- Film festivals.
- Training workshops for adults and children.
Aside from some of these, the institution is recognized for hosting the annual March Meeting and the Sharjah Biennial, which occurs every two years.
EXHIBITIONS AT SHARJAH ART FOUNDATION
The Sharjah Art Foundation hosts several scheduled art shows throughout the year, emphasizing the work of national, domestic, and international artists. Here are some of the ongoing exhibits for which tickets are available.
Hrair Sarkissian: Some Other Side of Quietness is a book about some other side of silence. (Al Mureijah Square, until January 30, 2022)
The Otolith Group: Xenogenesis is a term used to describe the process of a person (Until February 5 at Al Mureijah Art Spaces)
Lawrence Abu Hamdan: The Image of Sound (Until July 4, 2022, at Al Mureijah Square)
CAMP: Passages within Passages (Until July 4 2022, at Arts Square)
EVENTS AND PROGRAMS AT THE SHARJAH ART FOUNDATION
The SAF organizes various events year-round, from concerts to movies and training materials. The following are some of the events going place in the coming weeks:
- Call for Submissions: Manufacturing Program (Until February 10 2022)
- Beginner Embossing and Printing: Until March 22, 2022
- Until March 17, 2022, Machining and Printing (Intermediate)
- Adult Learning Course through February 5, 2022: Imagining a Post-cinematic Pan Africanist Aesthetics
Guests can participate in the Sharjah Art Foundation’s programs in addition to the activities mentioned above. These artworks highlight SAF’s main projects, such as film clubs and organizations, film program exhibitions, apprenticeships, and development grants, among others.
- Film Program: Mirage City Theater, the emirate’s sole outside cinema, finds the main screenings. The Film Program also provides a venue for contemporary arts to exhibit their work.
- Productions and Collaborations: Because of the Sharjah Biennial in 2003, the Sharjah Art Foundation has sponsored the activity of contemporary artists and filmmakers.
- Artist and Professional Programs: This category contains scholarships for company objectives, internships, internships, and more.
- The SAF’s Music and Performance Program provides access to education, demonstrations, and events favouring musical endeavours. The programme has presented the Foundation’s collaborations with many musicians, performers, stage designers, and choreographers over the years.
- The SAF has collaborated with local populations on several projects, including Vantage Point Sharjah and the Urban Garden.
- SAF Internet: The Foundation provides live online streaming for important documentaries, dramas, and suspense thrillers, most of which have been approved by the organization.
VENUES AT THE SHARJAH ART FOUNDATION
Are you asking for guidance on the Sharjah Art Foundation? SAF event venues and exhibitions can be found throughout the emirate’s heritage sites and several off-site places.
- Bait Al Serkal; Al Shuwaiheen neighbourhood
- Bait Obaid Al Shamsi: Al Shuwaiheen neighbourhood
- Al Mureijah Art Spaces: Al Mureijah Square
- The Flying Saucer: Yarmook, Dasman, Ramla, and Ghubaiba intersect.
- Sharjah Art Foundation Rain Room: Al Majarrah Park
- Al Hamriyah Studios: Near Al Hamriyah Beach Park
LEARNING AT SHARJAH ART FOUNDATION
The SAF provides various training opportunities for both children and adults throughout Sharjah. Lectures, seminars, courses, and trips are all offered in English and Arabic. The majority of these are included in Sharjah Art Foundation’s ongoing shows.
Families and Children’s Project: This program’s classes are designed for children ages 6 to 15.
Curriculum for Youths and Adults: These classes are geared toward individuals aged 15 and up and concentrate on visual art.
Program for People with Disabilities: Courses, trips, and seminars for people with behavioral, physical, and intellectual impairment are accessible to individuals aged 3 and up through the Program for Disabled persons.
Summer Art Camp for Kids: Students from both private and public schools from all over the emirate are invited to the SAF summer camp. It’s a fantastic opportunity for children artists between the ages of seven and seventeen to become familiar with contemporary art. The camps feature conversations, academic learning, and field visits in addition to practical knowledge. Art tours, studio workshops, seminars, and other training opportunities are available at SAF.
SHARJAH BIENNIAL ART EXPO
The Sharjah Biennial is a line with a black border arts festival held every two years and was originally managed by the Sharjah Department of Culture and Information before being turned over to the SAF. After the festival, notable artists are awarded the Sharjah Biennial Prize, chosen by a jury of renowned people selected by the Sharjah Art Foundation. At the jury’s exclusive discretion, it can be granted to any amount of competing artists.
QUESTIONS RELATED TO SHARJAH ART FOUNDATION
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO VISIT THE SHARJAH ART Basis?
Most SAF’s events, activities, and galleries are free of charge to the wider populace. On the Foundation’s online webpage, you may look up ticket pricing for chargeable events.
WHAT IS THE SHARJAH ART FOUNDATION TIME?
The following are the exhibition times at the SAF. Please keep in mind that things will change, particularly around the holidays.
- Saturday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. | Friday: 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. | Friday: 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. (Rain Room Sharjah timings)
- Sharjah Art Foundation contact: +971-6-544-4113
WHERE ARE SHARJAH ART EVENTS HELD?
Arts Square, Al Muereijah Square, and Calligraphy Square host the majority of the Family foundation events. About off venues include the Sharjah Flying Saucer and the Kalba Ice Factory, both located in Sharjah.
WHICH MUSEUMS IN SHARJAH ARE THE BEST?
The emirate is known as the UAE’s culture and heritage capital. The best approach to understand the country’s history is to visit one of Sharjah’s many museums. The Sharjah Art Museum, for example, may attract artists. Are you searching for more choices? Readout our comprehensive guide to everything to see and do in Sharjah. There are numerous options, ranging from mosque trips to kayaking.
This brings us to the end of our Sharjah Art Foundation guide. Keep an eye out for upcoming SAF exhibitions, activities, and conferences!