To open a PLT file, you’ll need software like AutoCAD. You will get a Windows prompt asking, “How do you wish to open this file?” or “Windows cannot open this file” or a similar Mac/iPhone/Android notice if you do not have the required software. If you are having trouble opening your PLT file, try right-clicking or long-pressing it. Then choose an application by clicking “Open with.” A PLT file may also be viewed directly in the browser. Simply drag and drop the file into this browser window.
What is a PLT File?
The Autodesk, Inc.-developed PLT file format is a vector-based plotter file that holds data for a specific CAD file. PLT files ensure this as all pictures are produced using lines rather than dots, which is essential for plotting details.
Why Is My Escape Key Not Working Mac?
How to Open PLT File on MacBook?
Here are a few ways to open a PLT file on a MacBook device with third-party PLT file viewing applications.
Open a PLT file on a Mac
- In Mac OS Finder, locate the PLT file in question and double-click it to run the associated program.
- If a PLT file is not opened in a Mac OS program and you get a “There is no application set to open the file” error message, you may click “Search App Store” in the error window, and Mac OS will provide apps that are compatible with the PLT file.
- If you have a Mac OS program that can open PLT files, use the “Choose Application…” option in the error box to associate the file extension and open the PLT file in it.
- If you don’t know which program can open PLT files, try searching for “PLT viewer,” “application to open PLT file,” or “open PLT file” questions in your preferred web search engine.
- Install the program you discovered and see whether it can open the PLT file.
Why Can’t I Watch Hulu On My Mac? (Solutions)
Open PLT Files Online on Mac
- You can also open PLT files online if you don’t have a third-party PLT file viewer already installed on your MacBook.
- To do so, simply open the PLT online file viewer.
- Now, upload the PLT file that you want to see and it will automatically open it for you.
How To Put Macbook On Airplane Mode?
GraphicConverter for MacBook
You can also open the PLT file in discussion on GraphicConverter app. The app is already available on MacBook and you can download it and install it to open the PLT file.
What browser should I use to view PLT files on MacBook?
You can use any browser of your choice including Chrome, Safari, or even Firefox to open PLT files on a MacBook system.
We hope that the tips we have provided have helped you easily open the PLT file on a MacBook system. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments below.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe!